Monday 15 October 2012

New materials and going back to the body.






These tests are starting to excite me. I was floundering a bit. without any specific associations to the materials I was using, but in a tutorial it was discussed how the associations we have with a material, particularly those related to the body, inform on how we react to a piece as a whole. I'm trying to use evocative objects now, and work on building up and transforming them into something new, yet recognisable. I think rubbers and the like have great material properties, and have associations with the clean, the sterile and the wipeable.

These tests are bringing out great words such as spreading, stretching, sprouting, bulging, bursting. These kind of verbs are key to achieving the uncomfortable biological/living feel I'm going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment